What are the steps to lease a unit?:

  1. Each tenant must first complete and submit a tenant information sheet (located on the website document page).
  2. Upon receipt of all lease related tenant information sheet(s) a lease will be prepared by the Irving Commons Rental Group officer and emailed to all tenants.
  3. Tenants will need to review the lease and execute the lease and forward the lease via the mail or the rent dropbox along with the required security deposit check(s).
  4. Upon receipt of the tenant(s) signed lease and security deposit(s) the IC Rental Group officer will execute the lease.
  5. The lease will then be colored scanned and emailed to all tenants. At that point the unit will be leased.
  6. Note: Time limits are set for signing and returning leases with security deposits as units are leased on first come first serve basis.
  7. Assigning units will be done after the current tenants vacated the units. This is done with sufficient time to make arrangements for setting WiFi/ Cable services.
  8. FALL ONLY LEASES are executed near the end of the leasing period (Late February to Early May) However, we do prepare a waiting list for Fall Only leases for earlier inquires.

Are utilities included in the rent?

During the school year tenants get a utility allowance. In other words, water is included however gas and electric are included up to a certain amount.

Flat: $450 allowance for Fall semester and $500 allowance for Spring semester.    Townhouse: $550 allowance for Fall semester and $600 allowance for Spring semester.

Summer leases water is still included however gas and electric are not. These services remain in the unit owners names and the owners will provide tenants summer invoice copies for reimbursement.

How often are utility allowances exceed?

Not often, the allowances are based on average usage numbers from previous tenants. There are some overages if the thermostat are set lower or higher than the recommended settings AC (78 degrees) and Heat (68 degrees)

Is WIFI / Cable TV included in the rent?

While there is school WIFI in the area, we strongly recommend purchasing (typically from Spectrum) your own private service. It is cheap and much faster.

Cable TV service is not provided. However local channels maybe obtained with the appropriate TV antenna. Tenants may purchase cable service from Spectrum, if desired.In the summer, tenants are responsible for utilities. Utilities remain in the unit owner's name and are billed to tenant(s) as bills are received.

How does parking work?

Parking is free at Irving Commons for tenants. You will need to list your vehicle on your tenant information sheet.  However, we recommend that tenants get a parking pass on campus if they want to avoid walking.

How to pay rent?

Rent can be paid two ways:

  1. Four Monthly Payments (Per Semester / Three Payments Summer)
  2. One Full Payment (Per Semester and Summer)
  3. Payments can be made in personal checks, money orders, cashier checks and cash is typically not accepted as it requires a meeting and a receipt from IC Rental Group management.

Payment can be made by mail (see top of lease page 1 for mailing address) or left in our rent dropbox located outside unit 43.

Who do I make my check out to?

Irving Commons Rental Group

Can non-UD students rent an apartment?

Yes! We are happy to rent to any college student interning in the area, graduate students, Sinclair students, and Wright State students however lease periods can not be modified and must remain University of Dayton schedule related.

Is the pool open this year?

Sadly the pool is closed indefinitely.

Are pets allowed in the apartments?

Yes and no. We do not allow pets, however if the animal is a registered support/service animal (proof required) we will make an exception.

Can furniture can be removed or stored in the townhouse storage room?

No furniture can be removed from the unit. However, the tenants may add furniture so long as the existing furniture remains in the unit.

Is there a resident manager or rental agent on site?

No, the complex is comprised of 60 condominium units of which 40% are owned and managed by UD.  The remaining 60% are owned by various individual know as the as the Irving Commons Rental Group.  Group units are managed by the individual unit owners (contact information is provided in units) while the leases and general complex issues are handled by the Irving Commons Rental Group Officers (typically via email).

Is there UD bus service to the UD main campus?

Yes UD bus shuttle service typically runs every 45 minutes Monday thru Friday on school days.  Pick up is at the main parking at scheduled times. Keep UD website for more information.

how to get your next apartment:

  1. Fill out an Information Sheet for EACH Tenant.
  2. Sign Lease.
  3. Pay Security Deposit.